Members of the Board of Directors
are essential to CAAR's future and provide unique perspective when voting on important Association motions and initiatives.
If you've been a member of a Master Group or Project Team and are ready to make a bigger difference at CAAR, complete a CAAR 2022 Board of Directors Candidate Application
by Sun., Sept 5th! *Note - As part of the application, you will be asked to include a 200 words or less answer as to why you are applying for a position on the Board of Directors as well as a biography or professional resume.
Interviews will take place on Wed., Sept. 15th
from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Candidates will receive an email confirmation once their application has been submitted. CAAR CEO Abby Tammen will reach out to each candidate to schedule an interview with the CAAR Nominating Committee. The following are the recommended criteria for Officers and Directors:
1) Candidates for President, President-Elect, and Treasurer should have served as a Director or Officer within the previous three (3) years.
2) Individuals being considered for a Director’s position have served as a Committee Chair within the previous two (2) years.
3) When the candidate for an Officer or Director position has not met the above-recommended guidelines and are nominated by the Nominating Committee, the nominee’s qualifications for the position must be reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee.
Board of Directors - Open Positions
Qualifications and restrictions are listed under each position. Only REALTOR® members of the Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS® may serve as Officers or Directors. A Candidate shall not be placed on the ballot for more than one (1) CAAR elective position.
– Three (3) Directors are needed to serve a three (3) year term. Two (2) Directors are needed to serve a one (1) year term.
Per the CAAR Policy & Procedures Manual
, the responsibilities of Board of Directors members include, but are not limited to the following:
- General charge of the affairs of the Association, as commonly authorizes in a Board of Directors, and delegate such authority and adopt such rules and regulations as may be deemed proper and not in conflict with the CAAR Bylaws.
- Approve the annual program/budget.
- Recommend changes to the Association mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Employ and discharge the Chief Executive Office and may prescribe his/her functions.
- Approve the Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Consider requests and recommendation of the project teams and working groups.
- Prepare for and attend the regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting plus any special meeting called by the President or 2/3 of the Board of Directors.
- During their term of service, attend: Board of Directors Meeting, designated liaison committee, group or specialty group meetings, special events, Day on the Hill, and other events as requested (i.e., Leadership Training, Professional Standards Training, General Membership Meetings including Annual Meeting and Installation).
Per the CAAR Bylaws
, the additional responsibilities of Officers are as followings:
– The Treasurer shall be responsible for the supervision and maintenance of all Association financial records. The Treasurer will serve as a member of the Operations Group and as Chairperson of the Budget & Finance Committee. Serves on the Executive Committee.
– The President-Elect shall act for the President in the President’s absence; shall perform other such duties as requested by the President; upon completion of term of Office shall succeed to the Presidency.
When you run for President-Elect, you make a three-year (3) commitment to sit on the Board of Directors: one (1) year as President-Elect, one (1) year as President, and one (1) year as Immediate Past President.
- The President-Elect serves as Chairperson for the Strategic Planning Committees.
- The President-Elect, President, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President serve on the Executive Committee and Budget & Finance Committee.
- The President-Elect and the President are required and budgeted to attend all Virginia REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS® meetings (4-5 per year).
Submit a CAAR 2022 Board of Directors Candidate Application
by Sun., Sept. 5th