The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the entire world including the real estate industry. REALTORS® are required to adapt to these extraordinary circumstances. CAAR’s members’ success and ability to navigate these uncertain times are of critical importance to CAAR, and we are providing resource links to help members get through the COVID-19 season. COVID-19 in Virginia Map and case count UPDATED DAILY at 10AM
Common Websites to Visit Often
Virginia.gov - Coronavirus in Virginia
Blue Ridge Health District COVID-19
Blue Ridge Health District COVID-19 Hotline:
434-972-6261 - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday–Friday
Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus (COVID-19)
World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Myth-Busters
Based on updated COVID-19 regulations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Governor of Virginia, CAAR will move into Level 2 business operations as of 8:30 a.m. on Tues., Aug. 31st, 2021.
Level 2 business operations include:
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our members and our professional staff; therefore, members and the public will see the following CDC approved verbiage when entering and around the building:
- CAAR building access days/hours, including the CAAR REALTOR® Store, will remain open.
- CAAR sponsored events/classes/meetings have the option to be hosted in-person (six feet socially distanced with maximum attendee numbers) or virtually (based on leadership or instructor comfort level).
- Staff available in the office - appointments strongly encouraged to ensure availability.
• Staff and volunteer travel to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Hillsdale Conference Center open for rentals or appointments; however, events may reschedule without penalty.
We continue to monitor local and state COVID-19 circumstances, and will update our business operations as needed.
Questions? Please contact the CAAR office (434) 817-2227.
- Face coverings must be worn indoors at the CAAR office and Hillsdale Conference Center, regardless of vaccination status.
Coronavirus Guidance for REALTORS®
The Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan program
"Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act" or CARES Act
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
CRS Webinar link for SBA Loan Guidance
Virginia REALTORS COVID-19 Resources & Updates
Open House Guidance - See section "Government Response & Executive Order FAQs" on that webpage
Members TeleHealth Reopening Calls for Caution Navigating the Economy & Housing Market Through COVID-19 Buying & Selling a Home in this Pandemic Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS - showings guidelines, etc. On Common Ground: Reinventing How Communities Work
Coronavirus Resource Page
NAR COVID-19 Resources Webinar
As Forbearance Requests Rise, NAR Dispels Myths
NAR COVID-19 Resources for Property Owners
NAR Guidance for Commercial Real Estate Virginia Department of Health Press Releases
City of Charlottesville
Sentara Martha Jefferson
University of Virginia
Dept. of Professional & Occupational Regulation (DPOR) COVID-19 Updates and Resources - office reopening procedures, expired extensions and waivers, etc.