CAAR Publishes First Quarter 2016 Home Sales
Charlottesville Area 1st Quarter Highlights:
- The 562 homes sold in the 1st Quarter in Greater Charlottesville marked a 14.0% increase from Q1 2015, marking the 6th straight quarter with year-over-year sales gains.
- The median sales price of $250,000 was 2.6% lower than Q1 2015, though the $315,204 average sales price marked a 3.0% gain.
- Despite a 16.4% increase in new listing activity during the quarter, inventory remains 6.6% lower than Q1 2015.
- The 1,789 active listings headed into the 2nd Quarter represent 7.7 months of supply, down from 9.0 months from Q1 2015.
- Half of the homes sold in the 1st Quarter were on the market 80 days or less, one week higher than the median DOM in Q1 2015.
Click here to read the full press release. If you want to learn more about the full report, please contact a local REALTOR® today!
Support the 2016 AHIP Safe at Home Campaign
The Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS® (CAAR) received a $1,000 Virginia Association of REALTORS®(VAR) Community Engagement Grant to support the Albemarle Housing Improvement Program (AHIP) 2016 Safe at Home campaign.
This year’s campaign, which is energized by AHIP, CAAR and the Blue Ridge Home Builders Association (BRHBA), hopes to increase AHIP awareness and raise $100,000 by December 31, 2016 through various fundraiser events and volunteer activities.
Wednesday, April 13 | Kendra Scott, The Shops at Stonefield – From 5 – 8 p.m. 20 percent of sales donated to AHIP through Roy Wheeler Realty client appreciation event.
Thursday, April 14 | Kardinal Hall – From 5 – 8 p.m. a portion of sales donated to AHIP.
Tuesday, April 19 | The CAAR Young Professionals Network (YPN) will volunteer for an AHIP build day. A build day can consist of building ramps, replacing siding, installing flooring, painting, etc. for an individual or family in need.
Friday, April 22 – Saturday, April 23 | CAAR and BRHBA members will volunteer for an AHIP build day. A build day can consist of building ramps, replacing siding, installing flooring, painting, etc. for an individual or family in need.
Friday, May 20 | BRHBA Golf Tournament, Meadowcreek Golf Course – Tournament proceeds donated to AHIP.
Friday, June 24– Saturday, June 25 | CAAR and BRHBA members will join together and volunteer for an AHIP build day. A build day can consist of building ramps, replacing siding, installing flooring, painting, etc. for an individual or family in need.
Friday, August 19 | Best of C-VILLE Party, Ix Art Park – Nonprofit beneficiary of net proceeds of annual Best of C-VILLE awards party.
Friday, September 30 | AHIP House Party, Verulam Farm – 10th annual fundraiser to benefit local families in need of critical home repairs with live and silent auctions, sit-down dinner, live music, AHIP Housing Hero Award, and more.