CAAR Publishes 2017 Fourth Quarter & Year-End Home Sales
- Greater Charlottesville Area 2017 Fourth Quarter & Year-End Highlights:
• Home sales increased 7.5% (863) compared to Q4 2016 (803), while year-end indicated a 4.0% gain.
- Greater Charlottesville median sales price rose to $300,000 (12%) compared to Q4 2016 ($267,842), as year-end marked a 7.4% improvement.
- The median days on the market for Q4 2017 remained steady at 71- days, unchanged from Q4 2016, while year-end showed a 8.5% decline (six-days fewer).
- New listings grew 13.4% (822) compared to Q4 2016 (725), as year-end marked a 2.8% increase.
- Pending sales improved 17.6% (761) compared to Q4 2016 (647), while year-end showed a 7.5% surge.
- Inventory of homes for sale declined 15.9% (939) in Q4 2017, as year-end indicated a 15.7% decrease.
CAAR Installs 2018 President, Officers, & Directors
CAAR announced the installation of 2018 President Arleen Yobs during a breakfast ceremony on Thursday, January 4th at the Boar’s Head Inn.
Over 200 guests were in attendance, including members and leadership from local industry partners and Virginia REALTORS®.
Yobs is a REALTOR® and Associate Broker with Nest Realty Group. She has been an active member in the Association since 1985 – serving on the Board of Directors for nine years. She is an advocate for the REALTOR® Political Action Committee (RPAC), and is a member of the Women’s Council of REALTORS® Blue Ridge. Read more
Picture: Immediate Past President Anthony McGhee passed the gavel to President Arleen Yobs.
CAAR Celebrates 2017 Annual Awards & REALTOR® Hall of Fame Recipients
CAAR announced the recipients of its annual awards and REALTOR® Hall of Fame for 2017. The awards were presented on Thursday, January 4th at the Boar’s Head Inn, following the installation of the 2018 CAAR Board of Officers and Directors.
How REALTORS® Protect You - the Homeowner