REALTOR® Ashley Palmer Honored
with CAAR First 2021 Good Neighbor Award
The Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS® (CAAR) has announced Ashley Palmer, REALTOR® with Town Realty, as the recipient of the CAAR First 2021 Good Neighbor Award (GNA), sponsored by Rose Dommer of Home Warranty, Inc.
The Good Neighbor Award program highlights local REALTORS® who dedicate significant time and interest to projects that make a lasting impact on our communities.
Palmer has been involved with Child Health Partnership for over a dozen years, most recently as a Board member for the past three years.
"Child Health Partnership works with over 500 children a year. And so, her help has really been a boost for all of our support to make that work possible," said Jon Nafziger, Director of Child Health Partnerships. "If you include other siblings and family members, it's well over a thousand people a year that she has touched."
A $500 donation was made to the Child Health Partnerships in Palmer's name.
CAAR 2021 2nd Quarter Home Sales Report
The CAAR 2021 2nd Quarter Home Sales Report, a custom report prepared by Virginia REALTORS®, is now available
In addition to providing housing metrics, this report provides you with an in-depth look into local, state, and national economic conditions including unemployment rate comparisons, job change by industry, monthly permits for new residential construction, and more. It's a great way to understand the real estate market in a holistic way. Economic Takeaways
Housing Market Conditions
- In the second quarter of 2021, economic growth continued to expand both statewide and in the Charlottesville region. The unemployment rate is still falling, though the pace of job growth slowed a bit in May.
- Consumer confidence is up strongly in the second quarter, reflecting optimism about the economy and pent-up consumer demand.
- Mortgage rates have settled back to around 3% and likely will remain below 3.5% for the rest of the year.
Download the report today!
- There were 1,533 homes sold in the CAAR footprint during the second quarter, a 30% spike in activity compared to last year.
- Home prices continue to rise in the CAAR area. The second quarter median sales price was$376,000, which is 13% higher than a year ago, a gain of $44,500.
- Inventory continues to shrink in the region. There were 621 active listings across the CAAR footprint at the end of the second quarter, 48% fewer listings than this time last year.
If you have a question about today's market, contact a REALTOR® today using mycaar.com
for residential properties and cvcmls.com
for commercial properties. They have the expertise, tools, and local insight you need to make the best real estate decision.